Week Seven (Days 43-49)
- Development of skin pigment
- Fetuses should weigh around 6 grams and be 45 mm long
- Fetal heartbeats can be heard with stethoscope
- Growth will continue at a much more rapid pace now!
CHANGES IN SKYLAR
- Abdomen hair has started shedding
- Nipples are darker and getting large
- Skylar's belly continues to rapidly increase in size
- All rough play and jumping must stop at this point
- Radiographs (X-rays) possible to determine number and size of puppies HOWEVER, seeing as I've had false numbers / hopes from this in the past with puppies hiding very well, I prefer to be surprised by the number of babies come whelping day!